Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Network Connection doesn't have valid IP configuration  (Read 61468 times)

Warrenisit

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Wireless Network Connection doesn't have valid IP configuration
    « Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 12:45:41 AM »
    Salmon- I'm a grown man as is Transfusion I assume.  If I was using that word derogatorily that would be something but since it is just a word only being used to describe a situation there should be ZERO problem with it.  I've only had awesome help on this site without little trolls telling me what words to use when describing something.  Unless you want to help, please mind your business.  If you don't like what is written simply don't read.  If something is written derogatorily toward or about you or anyone else then please notify an administrator.  I don't expect a reply from you.  I expect you read this, see that there is no problem here, and go about your business.  Thanks

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:12:21 AM »
    I'm a grown man as is Transfusion I assume.
    I'm not... ;)  but I do have a brain, am not retarded, and don't go spewing profanity all over people in public. Besides, there is always the option to automatically censor such words in your Account settings. I think we should not derail this conversation with unnecessary nitpicking on morality issues and go back to the topic.

Since your other PC works fine with your router, and your WiFi card has problems even with DHCP enabled, it may possibly be a hardware issue. Does your laptop work fine with other access points, like in Starbucks?

If the problem turns out to be with your WiFi card, then you can either replace it, which will involve voiding your warranty, or you can get an add-on Expresscard WiFi module: http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/cons_wtb.jsp#wila or you can get a USB WiFi card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833328012 Of course, we will focus on fixing your internal card first.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Raymond Jim Min

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 07:07:28 PM »
      I followed the above
      Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »

This is how to assign a static IP:
      http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

It works fine with me on my Window 7. Thanks