Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: zipped/compressed file trouble  (Read 2899 times)

agentfikes

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    zipped/compressed file trouble
    « on: February 21, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
    I am a freelancer writer and one of my clients has "Article Management System" site for the writers to upload assignments into. We have to zip or compress the files if we have more than one document file to send him. Recently, I have not been able to upload any zipped or compressed file in the system at all. I have used Google Chrome, IE, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. That didn't work. I have tried with my desktop, laptop and my daughter's laptop.

When I go to the AMS site it has the choose file button so I can select a file from my computer to upload. Once I have the file selected if it is a .doc or a .docx it will go through just fine, but if it is a .zip file is does nothing. The tab at the top of the page says connecting, but it flips back to the page as if I never chose a file to begin with. The file is never uploaded into the AMS site.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks now and no one has been able to understand what is happening. Can anyone please help me so I don't lose my job?

Thanks
    Teresa

Raptor

Re: zipped/compressed file trouble
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »
    Sounds like a problem with the server. If .doc and .docx go through just fine, it might be blocking other extensions for security reasons.

You should ask the webmaster to check the settings on uploading files.

If other people can successfully upload their work and you can't, then the problem might be local. A bad connection causing connections to be dropped. Are you using a wired or a wireless connection?

Did you try resetting your router and/or modem?