Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No sound to TV from HDMI Cable - HELP!  (Read 4713 times)

lindsey

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    No sound to TV from HDMI Cable - HELP!
    « on: February 22, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
    Hi, I have recently purchased a q-waves wireless quicklink thing.  The main unit plugs into the TV by HDMI and I have a USB sender in my laptop.  I can see the picture, but the sound still comes through my laptop.  I have been told by qwaves support the following:

"If you could go to the speaker icon which is situated bottom right hand
    corner of the system tray then right click the icon and select playback
    devices which should show "USB PnP device" as well as your main laptop
    speakers. You will need to select this device and press the "set default"
    button which will then give a green tick next to "USB PnP Sound Device".

The sound should then be heard through the TV speakers"

The thing is, I don't have the option of USB PnP Sound Device, and I have it set to show hidden devices etc.

I  am running windows 7 and have realtek sound card, and updated all the drivers.  I am really stuck and have looked all over the internet for a solution, but have not found one.

Really hoping someone here may be able to help me.  I'm not completely clueless when it comes to computers and this is really frustraighting me!!

Please Help!

Thanks

Lindsey

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: No sound to TV from HDMI Cable - HELP!
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:07:46 AM »
    Did you complete the driver install CD from the device? Check the Realtek Properties on your display and look on Advanced tab. To display volume icon on system tray, right-click task bar and choose Properties. Choose Customize and look for volume icon and change to only show notification - ok. Follow then if the customer support has given the right suggestion from there.

lindsey

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
      Thanks for the reply, I have changed this and it still does not work, any other ideas??

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »
        Given this "q-waves wireless quicklink" is not appearing in your options window when right clicking on the speaker icon seems to me that in spite of what you think the software for the device is NOT installed. Just in case the drivers for the device that may have been on the cd disc that you installed from are not appropriate for the win 7 O/S you might want to check on the manufacturers site for the most current drivers for the "quicklink" product. truenorth

lindsey

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »
          Hi, I have installed the drivers from the CD and from the official page and reinstalled again and the same for my sound card??

giardmi09

Beginner

• Yes
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »
          Try another computer. Install the software and plug it in to see if you can find the "USB PnP sound device" in the sound menu. This should rule out if its your computer or the device...