Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IP-adress  (Read 2801 times)

Jasper91

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    IP-adress
    « on: March 05, 2012, 07:25:12 PM »
    Hi

Thought this would be the best forum to put this topic in...

I've been stalked trought the internet for over a week now and I was wondering if it is possible to find the IP-adress from a Windows Live account?
    I know that you can find the X-Originating-IP in the source code but only when an e-mail from that person was sent to you.

And when I sent an (empty) e-mail to that person I can't see his IP but only mine..

Can somebody please help me and explain how I can find his IP-adress because that person is really bothering me.

Thanks!

Salmon Trout

Re: IP-adress
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:23:07 AM »
    Why don't you report that person to your ISP and/or the police?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:13:18 AM »
      Salmon has given you excellent advice. Your intended route may only serve to accelerate the malfeasance of the perpetrator and cause you further and unpredictable grief. This is not the kind of issue to try and be the Sheriff. truenorth

Jasper91

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »
        I am going to report this to the police but if there would be any chance I could find out who that person is, and I have that right, I would take it.
        I wonder how the two of you would react if something like this would happen to you..

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
        You will not learn much from an IP addy...
        Also due to Forum rules it's not the kind of advice we banty about...even though we probably know the answers.

Take Salmon's advice and move on...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
        I wonder how the two of you would react if something like this would happen to you..

That's not the point; this isn't a chat room, it's a publicly available globally accessible web forum indexed by Google, and therefore we aren't just thinking of what we or you personally might or could or would do, but also who else might be reading this in the future. Furthermore, even if you did know this person's IP address it is hard to see what you could do with it, since the actual name and street address of that ISP customer is held by the ISP, and even if you knew that, taking the law into your own hands might well get you in trouble with the police, and would make you just as bad as the person you allege is "stalking" you. In fact it sounds like you want to find out their IP address so you can stalk them back. How do we know you aren't making up the stalking thing anyway? People do make up stories on forums to get people to help them do things that they shouldn't. For xxample "My kids reset the laptop password" to cover "I bought a hot laptop".

Fed

• Sage
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »
          I'd like to know how someone can stalk you on the internet?
          What sort of things are happening to you Jasper?