Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help on Outlook Express  (Read 2737 times)

racker

Help on Outlook Express
« on: July 03, 2004, 06:32:45 PM »
When I open an e-mail or other messages and try to go to link or open anything inside nothing happens. It appears its trying as you can`t do anything else for about 20-30 seconds. If a site send me something and it contains other links--I click on the link and I don`t get the box that shows its trying to go there---but it appears its trying.  What can I do to correct this? I have went to internet explorer and clicked on properties and reset to default. I use satallite interent and have windows xp and a HP pavilion xt953. Any help would be appreciated. Send any helpful solution to
[email protected]  

Thank You.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Help on Outlook Express
    « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 02:02:12 AM »
    racker.....Have you opened up Outlook express and then gone to "Tools" and then select options and check all the settings . Why are you looking in "Explorer" settings if the problem is with Outlook express ?
    You have "Outlook" on you machine as well .....which one is set as your default mail service ?
    Are you able to send links ok........?
    In your Internet Explorer are you able to click on the links and they will open ok ?

let us know
    dl65  ???
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 02:04:14 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Tony Willis

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 06:58:28 PM »
    Hello,

Thank you for your help. Now to answer some more questions. I am not sure which is my mail defaut service. I was told to reset the Internet Explorer. I use Outlook Express as my main e-mail. I am not sure what the correct settings should be!

When I check my mail and try to go to a link or log onto another site from inside that e-mail--it trys to but nothing happens for about 20 seconds and you cannot do anything or go anywhere else. If you click on anything else--it will go to that command after it has tried to go to the link you first clicked on.  I have mail that has other sires to log onto from inside them. I use to be able to go there but something has changed. Please help me if you can to get me back to normal.

Do I need to take Internet Explorer out of default--how do I do that and get Outlook Express as default?

Appreciate your time and help. Waiting to hear from youl. Happy 4th and Thank You.

I do not use the Internet Explorer.

Tony Willis

[email protected]

robertmillar

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 11:03:44 AM »
    Check your firewall is not blocking Internet Explorer.

Robert A. (Tony) Willis

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 08:15:04 PM »
    I cannot open anything from inside an e-mail at all in Outlook Express. This problem just occured in the last couple of weeks. It appears to try to go to the site but nothing happens. If there is a link, or a click here, or anything that will get you to go somewhere else from inside the e-mail---I cannot access it. There has to be a setting that has gotten checked, or something has gone wrong somewhere. If anyone has any idea--please send me an [email protected]  

Thank you for your help.

Tony Willis