Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Apple iPad 3 Won't Replace Your Laptop  (Read 5824 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Apple iPad 3 Won't Replace Your Laptop
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »
This would be a Poll , but it's not.
There is an article in PC Magazine about whether a small tablet type computer will never replace your laptop.
Of course, this is referring to the new Apple iPad 3  tablet computer. I would agree with what he says, but after reading through his article,  I am not convinced.
But I'm trying to say is that his arguments are just not strong enough. They are insipid.
Here is a reference to the article that was just published.  I would like you scan though and come back here and tell me that  if desired to agree, it would make sense to you.

Or, in other words, help me understand why the iPad 3 will not be my next computer. Please, This is urgent!

Why the iPad 3 Won't Replace Your Laptop  (PC Mag article)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Apple iPad 3 Won't Replace Your Laptop
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »
    I find the article to be rather rambling and meanders away from the actual 2 items that supposedly are being compared. In my opinion many people make their purchase decisions on the basis of the marketing strategies of the product promotions. Ideally the basis for the decision should be made on the purposes of use (which can be quite extensive if one includes such things as size and weight). I recently had the occasion to use a "tablet" size computer and was NOT impressed (it was not an Apple" product). It had very limited RAM/no internal media reader/burner.Was operating on Win 7 starter edition which is so stripped down that it lacked many functions i would miss if i were tempted to obtain one. Just like all other computers styles there are great variances from manufacturer to manufacturer (and even within brands) and the consumer is best served by identifying their needs and proceed accordingly before approaching the checkout counter.truenorth