Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem downloading read messages from server  (Read 2779 times)

MarleneD

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Problem downloading read messages from server
    « on: September 17, 2005, 11:37:21 AM »
    When I open Outlook it only downloads unread messages from my server (Comcast).  Once I've opened them directly from the server it won't download them onto Outlook.  What's going on?  It used to download the read and unread messages with no problem but, up until 2-3 days ago it doesn't.  Is this a problem with the server?  Or, Outlook?  Last week I did check the box on Outlook to leave a copy of the messages on the server so that my husband and I could both download messages when we logged on separately .  I don't think that would have " messed things up"?
    Any suggestions?  Thanks.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Problem downloading read messages from server
      « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 12:39:08 PM »
      MarleneD...... I would check with Comcast and see how they are set up .   I know that if I access my Email remotely using Webmail ( if I'm traveling ) that when I return home and them access my mail through Outlook Express .......they will be sent to me as unread .

Did you resolve the issue of both you and your husband being able to D/l Emails ?

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

MarleneD

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        Re: Problem downloading read messages from server
        « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 01:34:07 PM »
        Yes, dl65 we did resolve that issue of getting emails separately thanks to one of the newbies suggestions.  
        I've tried to contact Comcast through live online help but, once you type in "problem with Outlook" it doesn't let me go on.  So, I'll probably word it differently just to get online help.
        My messages, unread and read, used to download without any problem when I opened Outlook and yes, they would be sent to me as unread also.  
        I wish Comcast would have a "leave as unread" as an email option but, they don't.