Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP G60-214EM Laptop Unable to Boot  (Read 9914 times)

Raptor

Re: HP G60-214EM Laptop Unable to Boot
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 05:00:07 AM »
BTW Windows does not start at all....I only get the HP logo splash screen and then a black screen with flashing cursor top left, with or without the disks inserted.. I do get "Windows is Loading Files" on the screen with a scale filling from left to right, then a few flashing small empty blue screens then back to the black...then the process repeats itself ad infinitum...

I have also removed the hard drive and then returned it to the machine(after removing tiny dust particles from the area), but that did nothing to help matters.

Don't forget to scan it for viruses when it's hooked up to another machine. Viruses can also cause this kind of behaviour.

I'd recommend Security Essentials

ut never had that before and it certainly sounds like the computer is reading the disks from the buzzing and whirring that can be heard.

You should be getting some kind of message. What happens when you remove the hard drive entirely and then try to boot from the disks?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: HP G60-214EM Laptop Unable to Boot
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
You can try following this thread and see post#22 in using a Linux Live CD to transfer your files to another storage. Post#18 also would suggest using Seatools for DOS to test the drive.