Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mouse acting weird  (Read 2307 times)

grava

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    mouse acting weird
    « on: March 15, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
    i have a factory dell inspiron 560 running vista business. my mouse has started acting funny if i try to use any drop down box it wont let me click on the box then choose a option i have to click and drag and even then it takes4-5 trys to get the right option whenever i close out a tab it does 2 or three . if i ever try to browse a forum and use the next button to goto the next page it always skips at least one and if i right click to use one of those options it always clicks whatever is behind that display box to.. what did i do to it?? what should i do ?? what can i do??

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: mouse acting weird
    « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »
    It sounds like an issue with the contacts inside the mouse sending erratic signals to the PC... Just swap out another mouse and see if the error persists. If you have special mouse drivers and utilities for your mouse, like Logitech Setpoint and MSI Mouse Utility, uninstall them and reboot.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

grava

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 10:02:54 PM »
      It sounds like an issue with the contacts inside the mouse sending erratic signals to the PC... Just swap out another mouse and see if the error persists. If you have special mouse drivers and utilities for your mouse, like Logitech Setpoint and MSI Mouse Utility, uninstall them and reboot.

wow much thanks i figured w a laser mouse i wouldnt get problems like that but sure enough you were completely right thanks

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 04:03:46 AM »
      What kind of surface are you using the laser mouse on? They have the same behaviour as LED mice so you need a non-reflective surface.