Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ITUNES  (Read 5478 times)

grog1961

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    ITUNES
    « on: March 19, 2012, 11:26:07 PM »
    It is worth having Itunes???? All I want it for is for music videos to watch on my desktop computer.
    I don't need songs and I don't have an IPOD or any other type of device that supports ITUNES items.
    I just want a safe place to get HD videos. ???

Darthgumby

Beginner
      Re: ITUNES
      « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 07:27:22 AM »
      The best feature of iTunes is the marketplace, that allows you to browse music, videos, podcasts, ect. and download them to your computer.  While having an iPod will be great for synching up this media, it is not necessary to have this in order to download content through the service and use on your computer.  As far as playback, iTunes does allow for a library, playlists, playback, equilization, visualization, etc.  There really is no difference between playing media on Windows Media Player and iTunes - just different menus.

However, if you do want to sync these to a media player and take them with you, some version of an iPod will be required.  Itunes codes their media so it is playable only with their players and devices.  This is not at all inconvenient if you are using an iPod/iTunes, but can be annoying if you're trying to find a way to get it working with something else.
      There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool will continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool.

grog1961

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: ITUNES
        « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »
        Thanks for the reply and answering my question!!!!
        It's greatly appreciated!!!!