Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Dimension E521 Restore- F8 does not give option to "Repair your computer"  (Read 14964 times)

Reebock32

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I am trying to restore a dell back to factory with Windows Vista.  I turn on the computer, push F8, and it brings up a new screen, but that screen does not have the "Repair your computer" option like all of the directions I have been reading say it should.  the first option I have is "Safe mode"  Can someone please tell me how to restore back to factory.

thank you

joy division

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Dell Dimension E521 Manual - http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dime521/en/OM_EN/PY349A03MR.pdf of Page 57, using Dell PC Restore.
    However the detail shows that E521 desktop runs originally in Win XP and you mentioned in Vista. Its possible that an upgrade have wiped the recovery partition. The F8 you mention is specific to other models of Dell and or operating system. The manual instructs to press Ctrl + F11 during the early boot process. More info here.

Edit: After looking in Win 7 section, the OP already has already an existing thread pertaining to the topic which I read in recent post. :-[

joy division

:P  Yah I missed that too.

Good point about the recovery partition possibly being wiped.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    the OP already has already an existing
    ;D

joy division

Just don't let it happen again. 

:D