Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer doesn't start, black screen.. no bios  (Read 6938 times)

Princeyboyo

Computer doesn't start, black screen.. no bios
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:34:33 PM »
Hello, I've been trying to help out a good friend of mine with his computer. The problem he seem to has is that his computer won't start. All we see is a black screen after we turn on the computer. I've been told my brother that it could be the motherboard memory. But i don't know what to do.
   I've looked at the FAQ, but there is no problem such as this.
 He has a Emachines T6420, It has Microsoft Windows Media center 2005 edition
Also he doesn't have a floppy drive.. So i don't know how to create a boot disc that can be used with this computer.

Problem: Press power button on computer, And after that is just a black screen. Nothing else. The moniter doesn't pick any signal. Nor does the keyboard able to respond. I've tried putting in the recovery disc but that still doesn't do anything.  \

Anyhelp would be very much appreciated. Thanks.!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:37:19 PM by Princeyboyo »

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Computer doesn't start, black screen.. no bios
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 11:44:23 PM »
G'day Boyo - welcome to the CH forums.

Have a look here..

Good luck
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Princeyboyo

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:49:11 PM »
I've looked there before, but doing more research i've figured what the problem is. All i have to do know is figure out a way to create a boot disk without using a floppy drive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Because my friend doesn't have a floppy drive in his computer
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:49:36 PM by Princeyboyo »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 02:19:30 AM »
What are you going to do exactly with a boot disk? How are you planning to approach this?

Princeyboyo

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 02:50:50 PM »
Basically with the boot disk, its supposed to help me get into safe mode windows so i can atleast do a recovery. But since my friend doesn't have a floppy drive i have no clue on how to do this. What i've been researching online is that you can create a boot cd rom. but i really can't figure it out... If there is anyone who could help it would be nice..

also i taken the hard drive out of my friends computer and put it in my external hard drive enclosure so i can backup his info and such. IS there anything i can do here?

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 02:57:57 PM »
Have you tried reseting the "CMOS", also be sure the "4-pin auxillary cable" is connected to the motherboard. This could also be a video card problem.

8-)fffreak
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

Nancy_O

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »
If you have a black screen, monitor not working  and the keyboard doesn't work I dont think a boot disk is going to help you either.   Have you got the cd with the OS on it?  Can you get into setup at all?  Does your computer beep at all?  Have you followed fffreak's suggestion?

Princeyboyo

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 10:52:06 PM »
I can't go into setup at all. As soon as i turn it on its a black screen and nothing else. I don't have the cd with the OS on it because he only has a recovery disc that came with the computer. The Computer doesn't beep at all. And i haven't tried the CMOS solution yet.. But i will tommorow until then i got some more researching to do. Thank you all.. And if any other suggestions.. that would be soo helpful. thank ya

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 03:28:00 AM »

Dumb_Question

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 06:37:33 AM »
    Have you tried reseting the "CMOS", also be sure the "4-pin auxillary cable" is connected to the motherboard. This could also be a video card problem.

8-)fffreak

Note:  the link to "4-pin auxillary cable" ("4-pin auxillary cable") is broken (page no longer exists) 

Dumb_Question
    6.May.2012

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 06:40:19 AM »
    Note:  the link to "4-pin auxillary cable" ("4-pin auxillary cable") is broken (page no longer exists) 

Dumb_Question
    6.May.2012

Well, since the post is 5 years old we're not surprised.