Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: just fixed it and still has problems, please help.  (Read 3263 times)

ahmedelsaka

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    just fixed it and still has problems, please help.
    « on: May 01, 2012, 04:57:57 PM »
    Hey,
    I had an old PC with outdated processor (intel celeron) and the motherboard got burned, so thats why I got a new motherboard with new ram and intel core i5, and installed windows 7 and ESET smart security,and we tried it at the workshop and it worked perfectly, so when I put it together at my house, as soon as I put in the cable, it starts to make sparking noise, and it gave out a smell of something burning, so I took it out immediately, and tried putting the cable in another socket, and then so, it worked, but after 15-30 minutes, it just closed in my face and there was a light smell of something burning, im not an expert at PC's but I think that it is from one of these problems, what do you guys think cause getting the PC back costed me alot and I didn't risk opening it again, so here are what i think the problems are;
    1. The cable isn't good (im getting a new cable anyways, but just checking)
    2. The power supply is not working properly (if that is the case, tell me so i can get a new power supply)

PS. It was working perfectly at the workshop, it is only at my house, it happened to me just now.

Thanks in advance for those who took the time to read and help me :)

truenorth

Guru

Re: just fixed it and still has problems, please help.
      « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »
      Welcome to the CH forums. Your reference to sparking and burning odors is NOT good. It will become necessary to determine what components caused these issues before proceeding further. Were i in your shoes i would NOT be rushing out to buy anything at this point (until you know what you should buy). What do you mean by this " The power supply is not working properly "? truenorth

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: just fixed it and still has problems, please help.
      « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:26:43 PM »
      and we tried it at the workshop and it worked perfectly, so when I put it together at my house

Do you mean to say the computer was assembled at the shop, tested, then disassembled and reassembled at home?  ???

If that's the case, it sounds like you didn't plug something in right.