Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't log in to reddit.com on Chrome  (Read 34282 times)

Wuai Bel Ree

Topic Starter

Beginner

Can't log in to reddit.com on Chrome
    « on: April 04, 2012, 07:11:31 PM »
    Whenever I try to log in to reddit.com on Google Chrome, the website gives me an error saying "an error occurred (0)" and I'm never able to log on. However, I am able to log on to everything else just fine, and I can also log into Reddit in Internet Explorer. Anyone know how to fix this? I've already cleared cookies and cache and all that. I checked every checkbox and selected "from the beginning of time"!

I decided to finally switch from IE to Chrome because I'm tired of having to click on a pop-up bar about security concerns every time I try to log in to Reddit. I have to type my info, then the bar pops up, I click it, and then I have to type in my info again. Pain in the *censored*!

truenorth

Guru

Re: Can't log in to reddit.com on Chrome
      « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:56:43 AM »
      Another reddit.com user expressed the same problem in another forum and had it resolved by an answer given within. They seemed to be a little over the top in their exuberance but hey maybe it was very important to them. Anyway here is the link.
      http://www.reddit.com/r/help/comments/rlz74/error_has_occurred_0/
      Give it a try and hopefully it will solve your problem as well. truenorth

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »
      Unless you really know what you are doing, -
        stay away from that site!

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
        Wouldn't be my cup of tea to even GO to the reddit.com site but the linked site does appear to be related to that site specifically in relation to problems with the site mentioned. Had some bad experience with it??? truenorth

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
        The site in question is very intense and out to become big as quick as they can. Think about it. It is a new Social Media Magnet looking for quick fame and fortune using the work of others. They are trying to outdo what has already been done. Ethics and standards are two-faced. They criticize others and bran about themselves. What kind of social behavior is like that?

Wikipedia does a fair job of telling you what it is,. There is some  critical comment. To the unwary, the site can be  a underwear hazard. Be very careful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

What I want to say is when a con man starts to con you, he never states out saying, "Hello, I want to deliver you to the wolf-pack."  You have to sense that for yourself.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »
        The site in question is very intense and out to become big as quick as they can. Think about it. It is a new Social Media Magnet looking for quick fame and fortune using the work of others.
        How? In many respects it's much the same as Slashdot. It's also not "new" by any technological metric I've known.

They are trying to outdo what has already been done. Ethics and standards are two-faced. They criticize others and bran about themselves. What kind of social behavior is like that?
        What are you on about?

What I want to say is when a con man starts to con you, he never states out saying, "Hello, I want to deliver you to the wolf-pack."  You have to sense that for yourself.

Could somebody translate what Geek-9pm is saying? Because all I'm getting is gibberish...
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 09:39:29 AM »
        How? In many respects it's much the same as Slashdot. It's also not "new" by any technological metric I've known.
        What are you on about?

Could somebody translate what Geek-9pm is saying? Because all I'm getting is gibberish...

Only if you translate this ::

To the unwary, the site can be  a underwear hazard. Be very careful.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Trafalgar

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
          Only if you translate this ::

lol ... I'll make sure nobody mess with my underwear  ;D