Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 100% CPU when online  (Read 2048 times)

vecheka

100% CPU when online
« on: September 22, 2005, 08:19:12 AM »
I am using MS Wind XP Home.  When I connect to my network at home (wireless) to go online, my processes go to 100%.  When I disconnect, it drops to normal.  This happened once before and there was a problem with my wireless card driver and the printer driver.  This time, I took the printer driver off and all mention of a printer off.  The problem is still there.

I have run AVG, Trend Micro Housecall, Spybot, MS antispyware and adaware but nothing helps.  The only things I have connected to the computer is my keyboard (PS2), wired trackball (USB), monitor and speakers.

Any help would be great.

Raptor

Re: 100% CPU when online
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 09:16:52 AM »
Do the scanners find anything?

vecheka

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 09:20:01 AM »
Spybot and Adaware did show some spyware and deleted them but it did not change anything.  MS antispyware, AVG and Trendmicro did not show anything.  

vecheka

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 09:20:57 AM »
I have also checked msconfig to see if there is anything starting that should not be but it looks fine.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »
Install a firewall and see if any programs are trying to contact the Internet that have no business doing so from your PC.