Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: display properties  (Read 3695 times)

sri.jnana

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    display properties
    « on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »
    i need to manually set my theme to windows xp theme.

even after that i have a problem that every time i restart my system i am getting the windows classic theme.

sri.jnana

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: display properties
      « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:36:08 AM »

hello everybody!!!
      i need to manually set my theme to windows xp theme.

even after that i have a problem that every time i restart my system i am getting the windows classic theme.
      actually this happened when i used registry mechanic and scanned and fixed and locked some problems..

so please help me ..............

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:24:31 AM »
        sri.jnana, The "bumping" of a post may be counter productive to your request for assistance on your problem. Many people who would otherwise venture forth to assist you can be turned off by that. We do appreciate that you want your issue resolved--but be patient.
        Here is a thread that deals with another having a similar problem. Some solutions are stated. You might want to give them a try and report back.
        http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/windows-xp-theme-keeps-changing-t2348368.html
        truenorth

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »
        After Truenorth's suggestion, my second advice would be don't use programs that claim to fix registry errors or clean up the registry or anything of the sort. It's an unnecessary thing to do and usually just leads to more problems, as you've now learned.

sri.jnana

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:08:15 AM »
          quaxo you are right i used registry mechanic and i got that problem the next day to that....

please suggest me a way to come up with this....

quaxo

Guru
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 03:23:38 AM »
          quaxo you are right i used registry mechanic and i got that problem the next day to that....

please suggest me a way to come up with this....

Did you follow the link Truenorth suggested?

sri.jnana, The "bumping" of a post may be counter productive to your request for assistance on your problem. Many people who would otherwise venture forth to assist you can be turned off by that. We do appreciate that you want your issue resolved--but be patient.
          Here is a thread that deals with another having a similar problem. Some solutions are stated. You might want to give them a try and report back.
          http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/windows-xp-theme-keeps-changing-t2348368.html
          truenorth