Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Lag Issues - Windows 7  (Read 2864 times)

gregoryorr30

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Internet Lag Issues - Windows 7
    « on: May 25, 2012, 03:11:26 PM »
    When im at my girlfriends house for some reason using my laptop the internet gets very slow for no reason and gaming I get lag, one minute I wont be lagging and webpages will be loading very fast and a few seconds later I get really bad lag and also webpages are extremely slow to load.   My girlfriends laptop and all other PC's in the house don't have these problems just mine.  Also at my own house my laptop works with internet no problems at all.  :'(

gregoryorr30

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Internet Lag Issues - Windows 7
      « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »
      also ive plugged an ethernet cable into my laptop and it works fine, so its definatly a wireless fault.  Just did a speed test, im getting 0.203 MBPS where as my girlfriend is getting 9MMBPS so definatly something isnt right.

zeroburn

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
        • Yes
        • Jared Kat Enterprises
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 06:00:25 AM »
      Well, it would be helpful to know what laptop you have, and any other specs you have on it, Otherwise, it is kinda hard to know what hardware could be messing up.
      I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Derpy Hooves

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:37:13 PM »
        First thing that came to my mind is that maybe she has both a public connection, and a private/hidden connection. Generally, people don't allow the public connections as much bandwidth; and maybe you were connected to the slower public connection.