Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer acting strangely  (Read 3043 times)

runbunch

Topic Starter

Rookie

Computer acting strangely
    « on: June 06, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
    When I type something  there is a delay before the letters  appear. For instance, I'll type a few letters of a word, and then, the last few letters will not appear for a quarter second or so, and then they jump on the screen.   The computer seems to be acting erratic in other ways also. The scroll button seems to have a mind of it's own.

zeroburn

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
      • Yes
      • Jared Kat Enterprises
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer acting strangely
    « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »
    Question: is this a laptop or is this a desktop?

the letters not appearing for a bit, can be normal in windows, and just about every other operating system when the system has a large load on it.

And a proposed solution to your scrolling issue: If it is a laptop, then most often then not on the newer models, the touchpad will have scroll areas on the sides to aid in scrolling. Maybe you are just accidentally contacting this with your skin when you type.
    I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.