Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I plan to buy a new laptop, please recommend one  (Read 6772 times)

Michael2007

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I plan to buy a new laptop, please recommend one
    « on: June 05, 2012, 08:19:49 PM »
    Hi all friends,

My laptop has been used for a long time, it is very old. So I want to buy a new one, but don't know which one I should buy. Could you please recommend one to me? Or What's brand of the alptop you own. Thanks a lot.
    Where there is a will, there is a way.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I plan to buy a new laptop, please recommend one
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »
    This area is not really for asking for recommendations.
    But. since you ask, I went and got a refurbished Dell laptop awhile back. It is not a nice and fast as some new laptops, but it is still very functional and everything I need works. The Bluetooth does not work. But I don't use the Bluetooth. Had to replace the hard drive. Otherwise, it is a low-maintenance laptop. It is an Inspiron E1705, which is now very dated. Won't win any contests. It just works.

If I had the money, I would buy an Apple Laptop and just forget Windows. But new Apples can do Windows it you want.
    This was from last year.
    Top 7 Ultrathin Windows Laptops

geewhiz

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: I plan to buy a new laptop, please recommend one
    « Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »
    Asus has beautiful laptops at great prices such as the bamboo series or for more powerful computers, the G series. As far as Apple is concerned, their computers are over priced, and over hyped. However, os x snow leopard is beautiful and easy to use. You could see into making a dual boot hackintosh with snow leopard and windows 7 I suppose.
    Press the button and hope nothing explodes.