Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: read me first of all!!!! plz do  (Read 3015 times)

compzilla

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    read me first of all!!!! plz do
    « on: June 08, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »
    i changed os frm win 7 do xp service pack 2.... but now the audio isnt working...no speakers :'(  :'(  :'(  :'( i guess some sfw is required.... which????

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: read me first of all!!!! plz do
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 05:31:03 AM »
    1) Are you certain your hardware suppors XP?

2) If so, you need to install all of the appropriate drivers for XP (chipset, sound, display, etc)

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: read me first of all!!!! plz do
    « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »
    1) Are you certain your hardware suppors XP?

2) If so, you need to install all of the appropriate drivers for XP (chipset, sound, display, etc)

Just a step further on Allan (no thunder stealing intended), in case you do not know how to locate and install them, you need to locate either the;
    Make and Model of your computer if it is a big name brand i.e HP, Dell. e.g Dell Dimension 2400
    or
    The Make and Model of your motherboard if it is a custom PC e.g Asus P8Z77

And then go to the manufacturer site and locate your product using their search functions to get your drivers. At this stage you will be able to tell if your computer is Windows XP compatible if it is listed as a Operating System in the list when it asks which OS you have installed for the drivers.