Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Digital Media Player  (Read 10664 times)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Digital Media Player
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »
When copying the movie from the computer to the USB drive, what is the typical transfer rate per second that can be expected? Does it depend on the computer processor?
While downloading the movie, can it be copied to the USB drive at the same time?
The limitation is the Flash memory used in the USB drive. The CPU is at least two orders of magnitude faster compared to flash memory .
You can download to the flash drive.  The download manager and  OS (Operating System)  take care of any speed problems. This is called 'buffering' and has nothing to do with headache remedies. But one could argue about that.

I always download to hard drive and then later copy the movies that seem suitable to out tastes. Using a player like VLC , I an fast forward the movie ans see if the content is what we like.Only then do I copy it to the Flash drive. On a 4GB Flash I can get four or even five AVI movies that are medium quality.

VLC:  http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

floccinaucini

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Digital Media Player
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
A big thank you for all the patience and specially for the VLC media player. I have not heard of this before.

Best regards :)
Loraine