Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Created more than one network, now wifi doesn't work at all?  (Read 3231 times)

vertigo

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I just sunk $460 into repairing my tower, I brought it home and attempted to connect to my houses wifi which was called linksys. When I did it asked me for the 8 digit security code on the back of the router. After I entered that information it created a new network somehow called linksys001. The tower said it was connected to the internet, but it did not work.

So I went to my laptop and my laptop could see both the linksys and linksys001 networks but neither one works now. How can I delete the new network I created and restore my old network to working condition?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Created more than one network, now wifi doesn't work at all?
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:17:02 PM »
    What linksys model and have you tried changing security encryption or resetting the router?
    The tower said it was connected to the internet, but it did not work.
    Any particular message when opening up any browser? Does the desktop uses a USB wifi adapter?

vertigo

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 01:36:25 PM »
      I tried resting the router today, the model number is WRT54G2 V1. When I reset it, it still shows signals for both linksys and linksys001.

vertigo

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
        UPDATE: Got the reset to work by holding the button down for a full minute. My laptop can now connect to linksys which is my houses regular secured wifi, but when my tower tries to connect windows prompts me to "set up your network?" instead of asking me for the WEP key. When I click continue without setting up it says it is connected with limited or no connectivity.

And yes I am using a external usb wifi card called D-link Model DWA-130

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 01:30:08 AM »
        "set up your network?"
        Is it the Windows Networking Wizard? What OS is your desktop running? Usually connecting to home wifi would only ask you for the passphrase key so I don't know what kind of setup you are viewing.