Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sounds not working right in Linux Ubuntu 12.04  (Read 5262 times)

uPokerBrat

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Expert
    Sounds not working right in Linux Ubuntu 12.04
    « on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
    Im am haveing this problem  .... in linux  when i go to play a youtube song or play any game with sound effects they wont play out of the speakers , but when i plug in a headphones they will play , i go to the sound changes in linux and fool around with them and it doesnt do anything..  i recently had winodws xp on my computer and it would play through the speak and when u plugged in headphones in the headphone jack it would play through them and when u remove them it would play back through the speakers.

i have downloaded the latest adobe for my computer .....

my computer is a Hp d530 series desktop computer
    Жизнь трудна, но иногда приходится сталкиваться и перейти в разы. Вещи будет трудно в этом мире, и вы должны ударить ваши проблемы на голову, хотя там трудно.

overthehill

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Sounds not working right in Linux Ubuntu 12.04
    « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »
    Have you tried using a different jack on your computer. I don't know why exactly but when I'm running Vista, my speakers must be plugged into the "Blue" jack. When I'm running Ubuntu my speakers must be plugged into the "Green" jack. overthehill

Austin Texas

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Sounds not working right in Linux Ubuntu 12.04
    « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:24:26 PM »
    The last four times I had this problem it turned out that the sound had muted for some reason. Check your linux sound volume and mute.
    Make your words soft and sweet. You might have to eat them.