Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: takes up to 15 minutes for Internet explorer to start up  (Read 3505 times)

Ted

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    takes up to 15 minutes for Internet explorer to start up
    « on: July 02, 2012, 09:59:19 AM »
    I have a two month old Dell Inspiron 620s, OS-Windows 7.  Recently it has taken about five minutes to shut down.  Also, it takes about 15 minutes for Internet Explorer to come on line!  It boots up in about one minute.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: takes up to 15 minutes for Internet explorer to start up
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:21:06 AM »
    We'll address the shutdown issue later - right now let's figure out the problem with IE. Is IE the only app that doesn't open quickly? If so, please try any other browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc) and see if they open quickly. Also:

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Have you run full system scans with both your av AND with MalwareByates? If not, please to so now.

Ted

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »
      All other browsers act the same.  I have run anti-malware, nothing shows up.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:26:07 AM »
      I asked if you scanned with BOTH your anti virus app AND an anti malware app. Do you have an AV installed and if so did you scan with it?