Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which language to choose between QBASIC or C++  (Read 10685 times)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Which language to choose between QBASIC or C++
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
I learned intro to C# off one of those MS Books and its a great book with examples and at the back of the book it came with a DVD containing all the Express packages C++, C#, Visual Basic, etc. They must have made 1 DVD for every Express Programming book they made vs making 3 or more different discs. My favorite project in the MS C# Express book was making your own custom browser, spinoff of IE. I found C# very easy given that I came from a background in Basic, C++, Perl, and a few other languages and scripting languages. Was amazed at how simple it is to use and it automatically populates sections of code when adding features to your programs in addition to how it starts you out with a template sort of, of the necessities to make any program without having to type in what would be redundant to every program. C# was definately designed for rapid development and ease of use. I too suggest C#. I started with GW-Basic way back in the 1980s and worked my way from that to QBasic, then C, then C++. I find C++ for the most part easy but its only because I have written programs in it for the past 14 years. Anyone jumping from say Basic with line numbers to C++ or any other modernized language for that sake is in for a challenge when they have to break the spaghetti code habits of what Basic with line numbers created. Teaching others programming basics I find it easier to train people with no experience than those with exposure to Basic with line numbers, as for some habits are hard to break, and although you can add goto's in modern languages its poor programming grammar to add them when they can be avoided with cleaner coding. Have I added goto's...YES... sometimes its nice to throw one in there for a 10 second fix, but I generally avoid them when possible.