Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Speed up modem  (Read 3793 times)

kenmiles

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Speed up modem
    « on: August 16, 2012, 05:55:07 AM »
    I connect via a Nokia 6230i phone. It shows a speed of 921.6 Kbps. Is there a significant way of increasing my download speed or is it limited by the modem speed. Are there other things I can do to speed up, or am I wasting my time.
    Ken Miles

truenorth

Guru

Re: Speed up modem
      « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 06:46:17 AM »
      I am not familiar with the manner in which service providers provide their speed for portable phones.However if it is similar to DSL providers then there are a variety of things that provide various speed situations. DSL providers often provide their customers with various pricing options that that can alter speed plus other variables depending on the package paid for.The equipment of secondary providers can also effect speed. As technology is constantly evolving newer wi-fi devices such as 4G will be capable of higher speeds than earlier devices with earlier wi-fi technology. Thus depending on these variables (the availability of the highest local transmitting speeds and/or the current state of your receiving technology) how much you can improve your speed will be determined.Have you talked to your provider to see if you are indeed receiving the best they offer or what if anything can be done to improve it? truenorth

Salmon Trout

Re: Speed up modem
      « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:48:53 AM »
      Mobile internet speed will be governed by the service level you are paying for and signal strength. Nearly 1 megabit isn't bad for a mobile connection. Check with your mobile provider cutomer service team.