Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Problem  (Read 5105 times)

Anthony_A

Topic Starter

Starter

• Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Monitor Problem
    « on: August 18, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
    A couple of years ago I purchased a Luxor 19” TV CD/DVD model number LUX-19-822-COB, which I use as a monitor. I’m using onboard graphics from the motherboard. Until recently the monitor has been working perfectly. But now I’m getting an irritating message or something on my screen.

When I switch the monitor on at the top right hand corner the following is displayed PC-VGA, Stereo, 16:9 see the top marked with a yellow X of the attached image. The problem which I’m now getting is that the word Stereo keeps popping on the screen every few seconds see the bottom picture marked with the black X. This is damned annoying as you can imagine.

I realise this may be difficult for you to give me an answer to how I can go about eliminating this, I have no manual for the TV and no chance of getting one. The set is also out of guarantee so I can’t take it back to the shop.

Thanks for reading this

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Monitor Problem
    « Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »
    Good afternoon Anthony_A and welcome to CH

I have seen this happen before but it has been other brands like Gateway the cause is the button panel. The buttons on the panel are getting stuck. You might get lucky if you clean it. Some button panels when they are taken apart will have a plastic spring on each end and if the spring is cracked or broken will not release the same way it used too so it keeps on touching the micro button.
        If cleaning it doesn't work the button panel would have to be replaced.

Hope this helps, Mike

PS I had no luck finding a manual for you.
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Anthony_A

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 02:21:06 AM »
      Good afternoon Anthony_A and welcome to CH

I have seen this happen before but it has been other brands like Gateway the cause is the button panel. The buttons on the panel are getting stuck. You might get lucky if you clean it. Some button panels when they are taken apart will have a plastic spring on each end and if the spring is cracked or broken will not release the same way it used too so it keeps on touching the micro button.
          If cleaning it doesn't work the button panel would have to be replaced.

Hope this helps, Mike

PS I had no luck finding a manual for you.

Good Morning Mike,

Thank you for replying.

Which buttons are you talking about, the ones on the remote or other buttons in the TV?

Regards,

Anthony

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 12:12:43 PM »
      Good afternoon Anthony_A and welcome back

The ones I was talking about were the ones on the TV. The reason I sad this may be the issue if they get stuck a little bit while they are stuck they will push on the micro buttons making the menu image show up. But if the remote has a tv menu button than if they get stuck the same thing can happen.

Please let us know how you make out, Mike 
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Anthony_A

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 02:52:07 AM »
        Morning Mike,

Things are back to normal (touch wood) thanks for your help. Seems to have cured itself.

Regards,

Anthony