Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems regarding Ethernet Adaper?  (Read 8573 times)

dazowen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Problems regarding Ethernet Adaper?
    « on: October 15, 2010, 03:48:39 PM »
    I have an Asus K52F laptop and have currently come across an error with my LAN card.

I would consider myself an experienced computer user but this issue has got the better of me.

I bought my laptop around a few months ago and all was fine. After not using the laptop that much since I bought it I thought it would be a good idea to visit the Asus support site and see if their where any driver/software updates available for my laptop.

I searched for my laptop and model number and was directed to a page with 109 software/hardware updates available.

I looked through the updates and noticed the only updates that supported my particular hardware were a BIOS update, chipset update and a LAN card update. I downloaded these three updates and installed them successfully as well as flashing the BIOS with a utility that was shipped with my laptop called WinFlash.

I restarted the computer and was glad to see there was no problems. I few days later my wireless was being very slow so I took my laptop downstairs to use the wired connection. I connected the cable to Ethernet port on my router and to my laptop but there was no connection. Curious I went into Device Manager and noticed that my Ethnernet adapter had a yellow triangle with an black exclamation mark next to it. I went into the properties of the device and under 'Device Status' it said "This device cannot start. Code10.)

I researched online and noticed it could be a driver issue. I then rolled back to the driver that was shipped with my laptop. I installed it, restarted, but still not luck.

I then decided I would reinstall Windows 7 using the backup partition so that I could undo all the changes I had made and hopefully everything would be all right.

I successfully reinstalled Windows and set everything up. I accessed Device Manager and noticed it was STILL the same.

Frustrated and running out of ideas I decided the only other problem could be the BIOS update I had done (Since every other update had been undone with the reinstalltion of Windows).

I visited the Asus website once more and looked at downloading a different BIOS version, preferably the BIOS version I had before I updated it. Unfortunately I didn't write down the BIOS version before I had updated it so I was unsure of which one to download. Desperate to get things working again I download all three versions.

I tried re-flashing the BIOS with all versions but I'm still suffering the problem.

My questions are:

1: How can I resolve this problem?
    2: Could the  BIOS update of caused my LAN card to stop working?

I have tried everything I can think of and the problem still persists.

I'm pretty certain it can't be a problem with the physical hardware since it was working fine before I applied these updates. (At least it seems that way.

My laptop is still under warranty but the store I purchased it from doesn't have a dedicated team of technicians and therefore it would have to be sent away to Asus which will take forever, which I cannot wait for!

I also researched online that it could be something to do with a Windows registry and that a modification and/or a clean up of the registry could resolve this problem.

My specs are:

Windows 7 x64
    Intel Core i3 350 M @2.27GHz
    4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    JMicron PCI Express Giagbit Ethernet Adapter - Driver version: 6.0.11.10 (This device is suffering the problem)
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc K52F version 1 motherboard
    BIOS version K52F currently installed, also tried flashing BIOS versions 205 and 210

Thank you very much for your time and I hope you can help me with my issue

larz

Re: Problems regarding Ethernet Adaper?
    « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »
    i have acer 4430 laptop...

wen i get to 4mat win xp it shows eror and kep displaying blue scren that shows phisical mem dump....
    pls help me to fix or should i 4mat 8 in higher version of windows OS. tnx

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »
    larz
    Please, start your own topic.

dazowen
    This is rather puzzling.
    Sure thing, BIOS shouldn't be touched unless you're having some issues, so flashing BIOS was probably a mistake.

Now, in Device Manager, do you still have errors listed in both (wired, wireless) network adapters, even after restoring the computer to factory settings?

dazowen

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:59:32 AM »
      In Device Manager I have errors on only the LAN card not the wireless. Never had a problem with the wireless.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 07:54:13 PM »
      Did you try to reinstall chipset driver and then LAN driver again?

alfarabi88

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
        I also get this problem too.

step 1 - go to Device Manager. Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.
        step 2 - go to JMICRON driver and go to properties
        step 3 - click to Details button, you can see Property then find address
        step 4 - after you get your address no, keep it and go to Advanced button
        step 5 - find network address which is at value box. key in your address no there
        step 6 - click OK and see what happen...

I have try this step and it works for me..

sorry for my poor English. I hope this will help you to solve your problem

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25:47 PM »
          alfarabi88 this thread is 2 years old.--locked