Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: T2 > MP3 Converter problem  (Read 9357 times)

High1

Topic Starter

Apprentice

T2 > MP3 Converter problem
    « on: August 24, 2012, 01:34:10 PM »
    Hello

I have a Win 7 PC and I have installed the software (and drivers) for a hand held device whereby you insert an old music tape and then, using a USB cable, it should import the tape onto the PC.

It didn't work. So, I repeated the above using a Win 7 laptop and then another Win 7 PC and that didn't work, either. The device (the one with the tape inserted) has worked before (on an XP PC I no longer have).

I get the impression Windows cannot see the device, but would be grateful for any device.

Thanks.

High1

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: T2 > MP3 Converter problem
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
    Good evening High1 and welcome to CH

Here is the link for updated software / drivers and the FAQ section http://fourcorners.com/t2mp3.html.

Yes it is going off of there web site "I get the impression Windows cannot see the device," Q. What operating systems is this software compatible with?
    A. Windows XP, Vista and 7 (official retail release versions only).

Try putting fresh batteries in the unit "It didn't work." Q. A tape is in the player, why doesn't it turn when I press play?
    A. Your USB port might not be able to output sufficient power. Try putting batteries in the player.
    A. Has it reached the end of the tape? If so, open the player and turn the cassette over.

Hope this helps, please let us know how you make out. Mike 
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

High1

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 02:19:45 PM »
      Many thanks for that hartbeatmr

I will try the links and post back.

The batteries are actually fine, because I can hear the tape going round and the voices recorded on the tape.

Cheers.

High1

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »
        Hello Mike

I have downloaded Audacity and I can tell that it is pulling the audio files in, but I am unable to play the files back even though the speakers work fine. I have repated this on another PC.

I think I might contact Audacity to find out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks again.

High1

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 03:00:44 PM »
        Good afternoon High1 and welcome back

Depending on what the file extension is you may be missing a codec to hear them playing. You can download a good free codec pack that I have used for years http://www.mediacodec.org/ during the installation just put a check mark in for register these with windows media player.

Hope this helps you, Mike

PS please let us know how you make out   
        Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

High1

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 03:15:04 PM »
          I'll try that Mike and let you know.

Thanks again.