Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nvida geforce gtx 260  (Read 2747 times)

dragonman518

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Nvida geforce gtx 260
    « on: October 07, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
    OK first off i have been looking everywhere for help most computer guys havent helped with anything, but ive tinkered so much i figured out my issue,

the orignal problem was to get a dvi connection to hdmi found a cable to do this (returned a couple diffrent ones thinking it was the cable but it's not) i've hook my custom pc up to my 52" tv and the problem has always been it was screen flashing in HD and making weird screeching sounds thro my tv speakers and the 3.5 sound jack surround sound too, so i never could get a steady picture via hd .....

i gave up for awhile(using s-video to s-video) then tried again and again ..... finally i tinkered with the nvida control panel settings and i found the problem, for some reason my tv connection and the dvi-d cable to hdmi was streaming audio from the pc to the tv and couldn't handle the strain, so in the nvida opitions i "turned off audio" .....

this fixed the problem i spazzed out in prideful joy .... until i restarted the computer and found out even if the audio is shut off when u start the computer back up the plug and play detectors turn it back on even tho it clearly says off in the nvida controll panel ....

so everytime i restart or turn on my pc i have to deal with a flashing picture until i toggle on anf off the audio off in nvida control panel ... then it works fine all day with a really nice HD screeen all day, currently typing this its working fine ... now the only problem is when i restart my pc i have to deal with the flashing on off screen and screeching till i toggle audio off in nvida control panel ... very frustrating half victory for me lol i was hoping someone had the same problem or someone has a easy fix .... ( some one told me to uninstall the audio driver for nvida .....but there isnt one in pc control panel) this problem has been driving me nutts for over a year now .... all my drivers are updated the cable is alot less then 12ft its only 3 foot ... gold connectors .... ive tryed disabling all audio for my pc it still flashes ... when restarted ... dont know what to do please help !!!

mind you i do the best i can being a poor disabled uneducated man sorry for the poor grammar !
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:07:22 PM by dragonman518 »

dragonman518

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Nvida geforce gtx 260
      « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
      so no1 will touch this with a ten foot pole huh ?