Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming Desktop Retailer Recommendation  (Read 9065 times)

21grams

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Gaming Desktop Retailer Recommendation
    « on: October 14, 2012, 03:18:37 PM »
    Any particular retailer that specializes in gaming desktops that you recommend? I'm aware of new egg, best buy and tiger direct (which is the same as new egg apparently). I'm shooting at a budget somewhere between 1k and 3k.

I've edited your post. Please just ask the question without the profanity. Thank you.
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:26:51 PM by Allan »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Gaming Desktop Retailer Recommendation
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »
    Its been 2 weeks, but f your still checking on this. My one friend swears that Alienware Gaming Rigs are what to go with for out of box ready to go gaming systems. You have a budget large enough to get a good high end gaming rig. As for myself I dont have such a large budget and so in the past I have bought a $549 tower added RAM for $50 and Video Card for $120 putting the build at $719, and since then back in 2004, I throw about $100 a year at it to keep it modern internally. Which comes out to pretty much entirely new guts every 3 years, and this keeps me sort of balanced with the games that I want to play with my hardware not being cutting edge, but meeting the system requirements of the games to play without lag.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Gaming Desktop Retailer Recommendation
    « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
    If you're planning on getting the best bang for your buck, I strongly suggest going with a custom build versus a pre-built machine. I've used tiger direct (in store, not online) to buy the parts for my computer, and if you don't feel comfortable with assembling it yourself, I believe for less than $100 they'll do it for you. Personally, if you have a retailer like tiger direct near by (relatively speaking) then you should definitely check them out. At the very least, you can go there for recommendations on what parts you'd need for your specific price point and desired specs.
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.