Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lenovo T60 boot issue  (Read 3331 times)

alex.jollett

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Lenovo T60 boot issue
    « on: October 15, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »
    Hi all,

My Lenovo T60 laptop will no longer boot up. When being charged, the "plug" light shows that there is power but when I turn on the laptop, the light goes out and nothing happens. This had happened a couple of times before but I would just plug-power on-unplug-plug it in again, repeat about 3-10 times until it would boot. I have tried my old "solution" for about an hour and it doesn't seem to work anymore. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

ninjatex

Beginner

• Call The Ninja
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Lenovo T60 boot issue
    « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »
    Have you tried with just the power adapter and/or just the battery? It could be one of those is causing the problem. If that doesn't fix it, I would assume you have a motherboard or power jack failure. I take it there's no beeping, fans, spinning up, anything?
    Senior Technician at Call The Ninja Computer Repair
    Serving Eugene, OR
    http://www.calltheninja.com

alex.jollett

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
      The battery has been dead for over a year, I never bothered to replace it. So I always use it with just the AC adapter. After I hit the power button, there is no sign of life. No fan, spinning, etc... Just the little plug light goes off. I then have to unplug and replug the AC adapter in and the light goes back on.

ninjatex

Beginner

• Call The Ninja
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
      I would guess that the motherboard has gone bad, I would take it into the shop and see what they say.
      Senior Technician at Call The Ninja Computer Repair
      Serving Eugene, OR
      http://www.calltheninja.com