Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Same Microsoft Update - Over and Over  (Read 3138 times)

schuarta

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • My pal Sharky
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    The Same Microsoft Update - Over and Over
    « on: April 21, 2013, 11:04:06 PM »
    Each and every time I shut down my computer, I get the same message - DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER, INSTALLING UPDATE 1 OF 1. It takes about 3 or 4 minutes and then the pc turns off. I accessed the update log and found that the following is downloaded every day, every time I shut off:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 4 (KB2463332) 55.8 MB

The little Microsoft fix it popup which appears can be run, but is of no help in stopping this reoccurring problem. It doesn't interfere with any operation of my pc, because it only occurs once I click the shutdown button.

I'm certain thus download is not meant to occur over and over and over and over.....  ::)

Anyone have any ideas how to make it stop?
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:14:18 PM by schuarta »

cengbrecht

Beginner

• Yes
      • Memory Express
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: The Same Microsoft Update - Over and Over
    « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 4 (KB2463332) 55.8 MB

Since you have the actual update code, have you tried manually installing it, then rebooting?
    You could also try what was suggested here:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsmanagement/thread/f09f76a8-fe4c-4e39-aaa1-9000971283bf/
    E=mc˛ -- Who knows if this applies, but hey everyone will think I am smart now!

schuarta

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • My pal Sharky
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: The Same Microsoft Update - Over and Over
      « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »
      Well, I've tried down loading it manually, and everything else I can think of, and if I leave the downloads on automatic it still installs each and every time I hit my shutdown button.

So my solution is to use the manual download mode, and download other updates avoiding the SLQ Server 2005. I just watch the lower left corner of my screen for the notices that new updates are available from Microsoft.  8)