Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD/CD drive issue  (Read 2660 times)

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    DVD/CD drive issue
    « on: December 09, 2012, 11:17:10 PM »
    So I reformatted my computer after getting a new SSD and getting it plugged in, and when I went to put a disk into my computer, my DVD drive wouldn't open(button does not work at all). So I checked in my device manager and disk management saw that it didn't show up at all in the CD drive section (my magicjack is there though). I even tried those Fix It programs but it didn't help.

I have a feeling my DVD drive is not actually plugged in into my PSU, and to be honest that would really suck because my computer is super compact so the wires are everywhere and it would be *censored* to reconnect it.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: DVD/CD drive issue
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:39:32 PM »
    Hi Thehandyman,

Sorry but you forgot to plug the power in that's the only thing that would cause it.

Lisa_maree 
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 01:06:30 AM »
      Ok I will check that. Also I know this is unrelated but is it normal for an Intel SSD 330 series to be so loud? Because I looked at the reviews and nobody complains about the loudness being an issue. I know because after I plugged in SSD and installed my OS, the boot up was real fast but the computer just got really loud. It sounds like a lawnmower, it's really annoying unless I put headphones on.

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:40:20 AM »

I have a feeling my DVD drive is not actually plugged in into my PSU, and to be honest that would really suck because my computer is super compact so the wires are everywhere and it would be *censored* to reconnect it.

It sounds like a lawnmower, it's really annoying unless I put headphones on.

Are you sure of where the sound is coming from, that could just be a cable in a fan.
      Evil is an exact science.

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »
        Are you sure of where the sound is coming from, that could just be a cable in a fan.

Thanks the sound is gone now. Apparantly my brain doesn't work when I'm frustrated.
        Also, did anyone have a kind of situation where you had to unplug your disk drive from the PSU to plug in your SSD because your PSU didn't have the outlets?

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »
          Edit: Problem fixed. Thanks everyone! :)