Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Any one have a Sony Vaio Recovery disk set, VPCS40FX they may want to part with?  (Read 5909 times)

Fordtruckmaniac

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
I may get in trouble, I don't know if its allowed to ask for help like this.

I am looking for a Sony "VPCS40FX SERIES RECOVERY MEDIA KIT"  Bought a used Vaio laptop, Windows 7 Home premium/64 bit.  Previous Owner bought it new in Feb 2012. After a hard drive failure, 5-6 months down the road, the laptop was repaired at the place of purchase, a "well known chain store". It just seems to run hinky, as one used to say on here. Lots of hang ups, and sometimes it literally stops working, while browsing. Have to re-fresh over and over, might come back and might not.

The PO was told the Sony disks had to be purchased as it was out of warranty. Allegedly there was a time frame they would have supplied them for free for the HD failure. And Sony is quite proud of them it appears. The PC has the "Stores" own crap tagged in with some desktop icons, and wireless connection setup, etc. It has had the recovery partition re-installed, but it just seem quite right either.

So was just looking to start from square one with the correct software. Feel free to PM me.

thanks
 Fordtruckmaniac

mathis.ws

Rookie
  • Mathis Consulting LLC
    • Computer Data & Web services - Mathis Consulting
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
As long as you have the Windows 7 Home Premium Key on the computer itself you can use any Windows 7 Home Premium disk and legally install it clean on that computer using that same key.  I always reinstall Windows even on new computers using a retail or tech net disk (or a wim image) and I use the OEM key from the computer and it works fine and allows you to start without all the 3rd party bloat ware that slows down your computer.

So you don't need that "Sony" disk, you just need a Windows 7 Home premium/64 bit disk

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
You will also have to download all the drivers for your particular model of Sony Vaio.

Fordtruckmaniac

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
As long as you have the Windows 7 Home Premium Key on the computer itself you can use any Windows 7 Home Premium disk and legally install it clean on that computer using that same key.  I always reinstall Windows even on new computers using a retail or tech net disk (or a wim image) and I use the OEM key from the computer and it works fine and allows you to start without all the 3rd party bloat ware that slows down your computer.

So you don't need that "Sony" disk, you just need a Windows 7 Home premium/64 bit disk

Sorry for just responding.

The problem is, I dont have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit disc. XP Home, Xp Pro, 2000, 98, I'm good, but no 7 :(
 Fordtruckmaniac