Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows store refusing to installing apps (because windows firewall is off)  (Read 25547 times)

SignedAdam

Topic Starter

Rookie

• SignedAdam
    • SignedAdam's Site
  • Experience: Experienced
Error message in Windows Store :
The app could not be installed, because the windows firewall service is not running, please enable the windows firewall service and try again,

I'm an advanced user, so i wish to use my own firewall, so i don't want to enable the windows firewall! is there anything we advanced users can do, to get around this, maybe a regedit value change or something, to make windows store, think the windows firewall service is on, when its not, so we all can use are own firewalls

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:19:26 AM by SignedAdam »
Go to his WebSite, www.signedadam.webs.com

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
The windows 8 Firewall service emcompasses more than just Windows Firewall; It's basically required for Windows 8 to work properly.

If you don't want the Firewall functionality of the service, the proper way to disable it is to go into the Firewall Control Panel Applet, and set domain, public, and private profiles all to "off".
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

SignedAdam

Topic Starter

Rookie

• SignedAdam
    • SignedAdam's Site
Then the service is still running and coursing my computer to slow down, the cpu level is 100% when the service is on

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Then the service is still running and coursing my computer to slow down, the cpu level is 100% when the service is on
If you are using another Firewall program, it might not be compatible with Windows 8.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Also, which process is using the cpu when it's spiking?

SignedAdam

Topic Starter

Rookie

• SignedAdam
    • SignedAdam's Site
well it was windows firewall service, when I stopped the windows firewall service, the cpu level would go down, I had no other firewall installed, when I found the problem, its 100% windows firewall, if you have not worked it out yet, windows firewall does a lot more now, so there's going to be more problems in windows 8, why they could not have made a other service, I don't know.. so right now im having to use a other firewall, to get round this problem..