Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ethernet LAN - Not Connected  (Read 10345 times)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Ethernet LAN - Not Connected
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »
Whoever set up our system uses another program for settings of the router, check out dd-wrt.com
DD-WRT is free Linux-based firmware for several wireless routers, most notably the Linksys WRT54G (including the WRT54GL and WRT54GS)

Oh, Oh. I can't help you with dd-WRT. Maybe somebody else can.

railker

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 07:01:29 PM »
    Can a Mod change the title of the thread to reflect expertise is required with DD-WRT?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Ethernet LAN - Nedd DD-WRT Help!
    « Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »
    OK, he needs DD-WRT Help!  Anybody out there?
    Here is a recent post on another forum that is similar...
    http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/254973-routing-dd-wrt-confusion-help-needed

Sorry that I can not help. I tried to learn DD-WRT once and got lost. I have to watch my blood pressure. So I sold the LinkSys router I had bought for that project.

Personally, it is better for me to buy a cheep used router rather that risk my blood pressure. Some of my pills at $30 a month. You get a cheap old wireless router on eBay for $25 with free shipping.
    Really! Just Google it can find cheap wireless routers that will work . I just now found 5 places that offer such cheap routers.

One was on Amazon.com: TRENDnet 300Mbps Wireless
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Cf0fnuY1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Just  a suggestion. I have found it easier to wit five days for a bit of hardware instead of wasting a week on something I can not understand.
    That is the best I can offer.

boy_bawang

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 02:11:43 AM »
      Have you tried to connect your laptop directly to the modem and try to play that laggy game? I suspect you have a problem with your hub. Although you said that it works cause your wireless router is connected to it, you may need to replace it by a switch.

railker

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 09:08:55 PM »
        It's not my hardware, so honestly I've no place replacing it, and IIRC the wireless router is BRAND new as of the change aforementioned multiple times.

I have not tried hooking right into the modem, would have to use another method to judge speed improvement as I know that my computer is slightly underpowered for the game at hand.