Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Corrupted and Unreadable External Hard Disk  (Read 4995 times)

saeid

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Beginner
    Corrupted and Unreadable External Hard Disk
    « on: December 03, 2012, 03:11:52 AM »
    Hello,
    I have a problem with my external hard disk, when I wanted to access to my hard disk I saw this error [you need to format the disk before you can use it] , I have a lot of information in it and I dont want to format it, do you have any idea what can I do for it ?

Thanks,
          Saeid

truenorth

Guru

Re: Corrupted and Unreadable External Hard Disk
      « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
      If you cannot access the drive there is little that can be done to try and recover your files. As a chance to see if it changes anything you could try accessing the drive with different computers . In some instances this has been shown to produce better results.This type of problem can arise from an improper removal of the drive connection to the computer. truenorth

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 01:23:53 PM »
      Hello,

You could download a evaluation copy of Easeus data recovery and select the complete recovery .
      Although if you want to recover the data you have to pay for the software, if the data shows up after the scan there maybe free programs that will do the same job.
      Easeus from here http://www.easeus.com/
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

geoff-h3o

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 05:30:17 AM »
        It may be that the drive is ok but the gubbins in the enclosure has stopped working - as a last resort you could try installing the drive in something else

saeid

Topic Starter

Beginner
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »
          Hello,
          I recover my file with several programs but I want to get back my file with their names and folders, do you know any program with this capability ?
          Saeid