Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Height of buildings an a map  (Read 2779 times)

sebastian_ro

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Height of buildings an a map
    « on: January 11, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »
    Hi all, I saw an old map a few days ago about the buildings in a city and how tall they were. In the map”s legend were the symbols foe each group (1-4 floor; 5-8 and so on).
    Does anyone know what software was used ? How can I make such a map ? Any starting points ?
    I know that there is a software that can ”read” the height according to the light/black shade on a orthophotomap.
    Eventually I want to do this map using ArcMap software.
    Thanks

truenorth

Guru

Re: Height of buildings an a map
      « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 11:22:45 AM »
      A company called Pitney Bowes has a software called "Mapinfo Professional (current version =11.5 ) that may or may not include the ability to incorporate height designations to buildings. They offer the software for a free trial period. Also there is this site that seems to offer many resources pertaining to mapping. They welcome direct contact so it could be worth your while to contact them with regards to your quest.
      http://www.mapmart.com/Products/GISSoftware/MapInfo/MapInfoProfessional.aspx
      truenorth
      P.S. No answers to your quest on yahoo yet so hopefully we here at CH are able to assist you.