Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Reviews  (Read 10697 times)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Printer Reviews
    « Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 08:59:58 AM »
     ;D Very well could be. I shall endeavor to remain unprovoked in the future so as to lessen that likelihood,truenorth
    P.S. Darn this post has just advanced the thread to page 2 :'(

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »
    Nonsense...
    I wasn't attempting to discourage your informative posts or suggestions.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »
    I predict a 3 page Post...til a printer is purchased...
    Just sayin.
    Ttruenorth has made a point. It is no longer true that you have to "jump through hoops" to get cheap refills. Even Staples and other brick and mortar stores sell refills at about half the price. The install the same the OEM does.
    On and earlier post I mentioned Kodak. If low-cost inkjet performance is the criteria, one must consider the Kodak line of inkjet printers.
    Money Saving Printer Kodak C310
    Kodak C310 At the lower price range lies the Kodak 30 line of printers. These have been promoted as one of the most efficient printers on the market and for their price range they absolutely are. With new cartridges as low as $10 apiece and being priced around $80, these all-in-one printer/scanner/copiers make great options for moderate home use. Comparable models from manufacturers such as HP, Dell, Canon or Lexmark in similar price ranges will cost you an extra 30-40% more per page. Outside of just efficiency, Kodak 's line of printers have received excellent reviews for their outstanding color and photo quality. The Kodak all-in-ones are also fairly inexpensive at under $130 and have more features than many other similarly priced printers.
    The link below takes you to Amazon. They claim 184 people have given personal reviews on one particular Kodak model that is selling for about $150. Which is even below the price for the similar HP printer I have. Of course, the prices are down now because we are over the buying season.
    Has the OP ruled out Kodak?
    http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-ESP-6150-All-in-One-Printer/dp/B00007AKDL
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:38:32 AM by Geek-9pm »

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »
      patio, Of course i knew you were NOT trying to stifle my input whatsoever. I simply was (somewhat tongue in cheek ) really acknowledging your observation as being likely (after all look where we are now page 2). As i said i had believed i really had nothing more value added to say in this thread until i felt the O/P was not properly appreciating where society is in terms of marketing and product production  today. One can adapt and modify or not that is a personal choice. Both approaches have consequences (desired or not). Where alternatives exist they can be tried but often result in compromises. IE. use pencils to eliminate the interaction and frustration of using printers.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09:38 AM »
      Just sayin.

I'm hitting "Unnotify"

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 04:14:03 PM »
      Just sayin.

I'm hitting "Unnotify"

Just think. I only wanted a decent printer review website... You know, to reference any printers that I come across with.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »
      Dear OP. There is still a lot of ground to cover. Please narrow down the criteria.
      The little info you gave on first post was to the effect that you don't want Epson. That still leaves of wide range of choices.
      In general, the more popular printers are the better choice because of market economics. T
      There a re lots of reviews out there about popular printers.
      Just one of so many...
      http://reviews.cnet.com/best-printers/
      You did not clarify what kind of printing you do. If you print over 2,000 pages per month, you can get a printer for free. Are you interested? If so, I have a deal for you., And no, I do not get a kick back. Just doing a public service. There is more happiness in giving.

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 05:41:07 AM »
      Dear OP. There is still a lot of ground to cover. Please narrow down the criteria.
      The little info you gave on first post was to the effect that you don't want Epson. That still leaves of wide range of choices.
      In general, the more popular printers are the better choice because of market economics. T
      There a re lots of reviews out there about popular printers.
      Just one of so many...
      http://reviews.cnet.com/best-printers/
      You did not clarify what kind of printing you do. If you print over 2,000 pages per month, you can get a printer for free. Are you interested? If so, I have a deal for you., And no, I do not get a kick back. Just doing a public service. There is more happiness in giving.

That's all I was after (your web link). Thanks for the assist.

For some bizarre reason people seem to think that I'm looking for a printer recommendation. I just wanted a review reference source for any printers that I might come across.
      I shall put this in large letters so that everyone will get the point:

I do not want you to recommend a printer to me.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here but my goal seems to be causing confusion. The big red blue lettering is just to attract attention to this point.

For example: Let's say that I find a printer on sale for cheap. I could then look up the printer on a review website and I may find out that it's a wonderful deal, or I may find out that the ink costs twice the price of the printer and not such a good deal after all.

I just want pre-emptive notification of if I'm about to buy a lemon.

Sorry for the long delay in my reply, I'm often kept busy with other more pressing tasks, (hence why it takes forever for me to get anything done).

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 05:50:06 AM »
      What I generally do is find a couple of items that seem to fit my criteria and then Google the difference (ie, Canon XXXX vs HP XXXX). You'll then find multiple reviews and comparisons that are directly on point.