Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop gets power off,plzzz help  (Read 2719 times)

fahim9435

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    laptop gets power off,plzzz help
    « on: January 28, 2013, 02:50:57 AM »
    i use asus eee 1215b notebook.from the beginning it had heating problem.then i went to servicing centre.after that i didn't have problems for last 6 months.i use it on table above a book so that fan get enf space.but now mypc goes just shut down.specially in ac mode.when i use battery it runs for 3 4 hrs but when i connect the ac cabble just gets power off.i used avast antivirus .it detected no virus.then i installed avira trial,it detected few threats ,i deleted.what may be the problem,in battery mode it wrks fine(but rarely gets off)but in ac mode its just power off.what might be the problem??ac plugg??but it can charge the battery fine and battery works fine,please help...

truenorth

Guru

Re: laptop gets power off,plzzz help
      « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:51:13 AM »
      There could be a variety of reasons why this is happening. Worst case scenario an internal short where the power connects to the motherboard. However there are a couple of things you can try 1st.
      1.With computer off.Remove the battery.Unplug the power at the computer from the charger. Depress and hold the power on button on the laptop for at least 30 seconds.Connect the power to the computer via the charger plug (no battery in at this point).If the computer starts and boots reinstall the battery. Report to us your findings.
      2.I am aware of your testing of the charger unit. However if you have access to another charger that is exactly the same power output try that. If the result is the same problem then it can be a short either within the circuitry of the power system at any point starting at the connection point of the charger unit.Given that you state that you can still use the charger to charge the battery (which i assume is with the charger plugged in but the computer off) then it is less likely to be at the plug in point. truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:57 AM »
      Does it do the exact same thing it it's on A/C with the battery removed ? ?
      Let us know...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

fahim9435

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:01:07 AM »
        yes gets shut own with ac mode,battery removed

fahim9435

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 01:51:23 AM »
          i removed the battery,ac cabble,holded power button for 30 s,then re connected only power supply,nothing happened,then released the power button  and pushed it again laptop got on,nothing happened,but for first 2 times while i performed the test pc behaved abnrmlly lke refresh taking long times,couldnt close firefox etc..

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:07:45 AM »
            fahim9435, Please do not take offense but it is (at least for me) extremely difficult from your last post to understand what you are trying to tell us.It seems that the computer does work sometimes. But  i am not sure when.I suspect that english is not your mother tongue and that is why your post is hard to read.We genuinely here at CH try to help as much as we can however it may serve you better if you can  find a forum in your language where comprehension is not part of the problem. In this case we are trying to help you with now if you can try to break down the actions of what you did and in each case what the result was we can perhaps get a clearer picture.truenorth