Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New to Driver Installs  (Read 3871 times)

GiygasVan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    New to Driver Installs
    « on: March 18, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »
    As the title says, I'm new to finding drivers for my laptop. I've tried to download official drivers, but it turns out that I have custom drivers and I have no idea how to find them. I'm not sure if I need to download "Everest Home" or do something else to find the drivers. Any help would be great!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: New to Driver Installs
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 03:22:26 PM »
    The only place from which to download laptop drivers is from the website of the laptop manufacturer.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »
    Agreed 110%
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GiygasVan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
      The only place from which to download laptop drivers is from the website of the laptop manufacturer.
      Well it's made by Dell, but I can't find the drivers anyways because I tried getting them from the manufacturer's website, but it claims that I have "custom drivers" or something like that (my memory isn't at its best at the moment, sorry if that sounds odd). Is there anything I can do to locate the drivers that I need?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:46 AM »
      If you purchased the system from Dell just go to their website and enter your service tag number. You'll be taken to a page with the drivers for your system. And please, when you request assistance on a support forum, "something like that" isn't helpful. We need to know the EXACT wording of any error messages you receive and when and where you receive them.