Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless No Wired  (Read 2997 times)

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
    Wireless No Wired
    « on: February 23, 2013, 09:30:37 AM »
    I dont know what had happened.  Last week the issue had started, basically, I tried an scanned my laptop an didnt find anything.  I can connect to the wireless but, when I switch it to the wired its not about too keep the internet connection.  I tried changeing the cable an where it was plugged into on the router.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wireless No Wired
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:12:19 PM »
    If switching which network connections are used for internet on a running system, I'd first of all disable the wifi adapter so you dont have 2 NICs talking to the same router, and then go to command prompt and perform the following with the CAT5 cable connected to the laptop.

IPCONFIG/Release
    Then

IPCONFIG/Renew

Then your system will pick up on the wired connection with the proper gateway connection to the internet through this refresh process releasing whatever IP the Wired NIC has and requesting an IP etc from the routers DHCP.

Ryuk

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Wireless No Wired
      « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 03:23:38 PM »
      I was able to run the diagnostic tools an said something was wrong with my DHCP.  Sorry, I'll try that next time Dave