Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xbox Help Needed  (Read 15368 times)

martinsea

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Xbox Help Needed
    « on: March 31, 2013, 05:27:49 PM »
    Hello, so recently I bought a virgin HD box. I currently had my xbox hooked up to my monitor which has 2 HD ports. My xbox was working fine at this time. I then plugged my virgin box into the spare HD slot on my monitor and the virgin box is working fine. The problem I am having is that the xbox gameplay looks blurry, and pixelated. I am not sure why this is happening but I have checked to see if the xbox is still in 1080p and it is, I turned the monitor off and on, I unplugged the cables and switched slots, I unplugged the virgin box and none of this worked. Also, From what I can see there are no settings that effect resoloution on the monitor itself.
    My monitor is a Philips IPS Brilliance HD monitor.
    Help will be appreciated.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Xbox Help Needed
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »
    One thing comes to mind = is there an 'auto' button on the monitor? Might want to give that button a press.

martinsea

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 04:10:10 AM »
      One thing comes to mind = is there an 'auto' button on the monitor? Might want to give that button a press.
      There is an auto button but it has been shaded out so I am unable to press it.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »
      That's strange....

Try adjusting the resolution down on the Xbox. Set output to 720P and see if it looks any better.

martinsea

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:59:02 AM »
        That's strange....

Try adjusting the resolution down on the Xbox. Set output to 720P and see if it looks any better.
        Thanks, What I did in the end was swapped my PC monitor and Xbox monitor and It looks fine on both now.
        Thanks for the help.