Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8 desktop flickering  (Read 11798 times)

em2000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Windows 8 desktop flickering
    « on: April 21, 2013, 06:57:09 AM »
    I built a computer (one week ago) and innstalled windows 8, as usual I innstalled every program I wanted, including some games, then a problem appeared, the desktop screen was fliskering (and still is) I have searched the web since then and tried nearly everything I can, as: reinstalling driver (see bottom for more details), refreshing windows (didn't fix it), reinstalled old graphic drivers (tried with many different) and many other things I dont remember...

When the flickering occurs, the desktop is getting blue or something (think it is the color of the background of the "start"-menu) and the icons in the task bar (where you are opening programs on the bottom of the screen) and the dektop, is gone to the flickering is over. The flickering is done after 1-2 seconds, and are fairly random occupering, not often.

System specs/programs:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB PhysX CUDA
    Intel® Core i5-3570K
    Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 MHz 16GB (local special edition)
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK, Socket-1155
    ASUS Xonar DX
    WD Desktop Green 2TB SATA 6Gb/s, (SATA 3.0), RPM = IntelliPower, 64MB, 3.5"
    Windows 8 x64 v6.2 (build 9200)
    AVG antvirus "internet security" 2013.0.3272

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/527599/windows-8-issues-solved-please-read-if-you-39-re-having-black-screen-and-or-flickering-/ I think that post was helping me to get nearly no flickering, but not completely gone, because before I did that, it happened every minute or faster, now maybe once a hour...

Thanks, please just ask if I have forgotten something, you may have noticed that im not a good english writer :P (from Norway)
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:07:31 AM by em2000 »