Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: any game  (Read 4067 times)

marybeth

Topic Starter

Beginner

any game
    « on: April 20, 2013, 06:08:11 AM »
    I bought a used computer from a guy to use for simple games for my grandkids but am having a problem with lagging on all games even the ones that come with the windows program. (solitaire and hearts) When I click to play these games as message saying  "The game running in software rendering mode  hardware acceleration is either disables or not supported bu video card driver, which could slow game performance Make sure u have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is on". So I did check and updated card driver and made sure acceleration is on but to no avail. Everything else runs fine on the puter but is it possible the guy I bought it from put windows 7 in a computer that isn't made for 7? It is a emachine with a 335 processor 80 gb harddrive and a 256 ram   thank u for any help
             marybeth

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: any game
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »
    What version of Windows does the computer currently run.  Even with XP, 256mb is very little by modern standards and the CPU is fairly old.  A RAM upgrade would probably help and you could look into installing a graphics card but I imagine that the CPU would be a bottleneck.

It is possible to install Windows 7 on a computer that isn't designed for it but on the machine you have mentioned, it would be even slower than it currently is.

marybeth

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 01:12:56 AM »
      Thank you for your reply
      it is running windows 7 on it, and surprisingly its running fast except for the lag in the solitaire and hearts game.

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 07:41:42 AM »
      If you really have 256mb RAM, then that is most likely your problem, Windows 7 requires a minimum of 1gb, or 2gb if your machine supports it.

comda

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »
      I agree with Camerongray. A ram upgrade would benefit you greatly. I once ran windows 7 on a Old P4 laptop i had it had just under a gig of ram i think 768Mb or something of the sort. Basically had issues running flash video, any games at all. open the case find the model of the motherboard and google it, to find what ram it accepts and whats the MAx ram you can install. Remember that 4gb is max for any 32bit machine, however if 256mb is in there i doubt you will reach 4gb but you never know! Good luck. However after a memory upgrade if you can just to be safe a fresh install of 7 or even XP would really benefit you. Fresh start with fresh drivers and a clean registry is always worth the time put in. best of Luck.