Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best software for working with PHP website I'm trying to use note++ but looking  (Read 12240 times)

jormeno

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    If you have direct access to your Apache server I would just use shell to write the code. It will show you any scripting errors that you may have. But If I don't have shell access I would use Notepad++ and use Filezilla to FTP.
    You won't know unless you try.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    If you have direct access to your Apache server I would just use shell to write the code. It will show you any scripting errors that you may have. But If I don't have shell access I would use Notepad++ and use Filezilla to FTP.

how would Nano show errors in the script? This sounds more like editing a live production environment by the seat of the pants.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

jormeno

Rookie

how would Nano show errors in the script? This sounds more like editing a live production environment by the seat of the pants.

sorry I forgot to add that I use VIM.  you can find that package you can use yum -y install VIM. VIM will color code it for you.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      sorry I forgot to add that I use VIM.  you can find that package you can use yum -y install VIM. VIM will color code it for you.

Ahh. well syntax highlighting and "error insight" type features are quite different.

whether you use yum or sudo (or whether either are available) depends on the environment of the server itself.

jormeno

Rookie

Ahh. well syntax highlighting and "error insight" type features are quite different.

whether you use yum or sudo (or whether either are available) depends on the environment of the server itself.

You are so right, I am at work so I was speed typing lol. With VIM it will color code the code you are using but if everything shows up in red in some scripts such as css or php it will display in red. If it is correct it will display in green and white and red you will no when you see once you start coding in VIM. sorry for the confusing.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        Syntastic seems to be what you are referring to (VIM plugin)