Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Probems Connecting Laptop to RCA HDTV floor model big screen using a vga to rca  (Read 3306 times)

dreamydiva20

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I am trying to hook my laptop up to my tv. I am using Windows 8 on my laptop. I bought a vga to rca cable off of amazon. I hooked the cable up to the laptop and to the tv through the component jack on back of tv. I turn it to the cmpt 1 channel on tv. U can see the screen but it shows in the long columns. how do i turn it into the whole screen so i can i can watch netflix and movies off my laptop on my tv? I also went to my display settings on laptop and changed it to project second screen. PLEASE HELP ME...

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Most TV's have aspect ratio settings to get the picture to fit. Have you checked into this setting yet? I have had to change this when gaming through widescreen TV via my computer connected to it or when playing old NES games on the new widescreen 32" TV to get it to fit better

dreamydiva20

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      are you talking about the settings on the computer or tv? How do I do it?

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Its on the TV. It will be in the menu system. Different TV's have it in different locations, depending on how they were programmed by the manufacturer. Should be 4:3 aspect ratio setting. My TV gets to this navigation by MENU button on remote and its somewhere in the tree from there.

More info here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4867953_connect-tv-using-vga-cable.html