Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Download Bar  (Read 5363 times)

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Download Bar
    « on: May 12, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »
    Is there a way to get rid of the "download bar" that pops up in Google Chrome? I read that you could go into "chrome://flags/" and shut it off but I didn't see it in there.

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Download Bar
      « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »
      Right now my browser is Opera but it seems really slow lately so I am looking around for a different one. I haven't used EI in along time but am trying it out and it seems faster. I just built a new computer and it seems slow. I did have a problem with my U Verse set-up for a few days. I kept getting a message on my TV about a lost signal and my internet connection would stop too. I shut off the U Verse modem and let it set for a couple of minutes then restarted it. That seemed to take care of it.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »
      That flags thing was removed in Chrome version 22. The download bar annoys a lot of people but Google don't seem willing to fix it. One workaround is to go to the Chrome webstore and look for an extension called "Always Clear Downloads".

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »
        I looked at "Always Clear Downloads" then deleted Google Chrome.