Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "This program cannot display the webpage"  (Read 4591 times)

DaveOff

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    "This program cannot display the webpage"
    « on: May 16, 2013, 12:29:35 PM »
    Hi,
    I have a Dell laptop running Windows 7, and I was in the middle of working when the message "This program cannot display the webpage" on a white background filled my screen.  I can't close it, the keys don't work (though the mouse moves), I can't exit the screen (even by hitting escape), and when I try ctrl-alt-delete, I don't have the task manager listed.  All I can do is switch users or shut down.  I tried shutting down and rebooting, and it keeps happening.  I even tried shutting down and restarting in safe mode (by hitting F8 as it was booting up) and it's still happening!  I saw someone else post about this, but apparently they were able to get into their computer in Safe Mode, whereas I cannot.
    Help please!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: "This program cannot display the webpage"
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 01:07:22 PM »
    when I try ctrl-alt-delete, I don't have the task manager listed.

This is usually indicative of Malware or Virus present that is trying to keep you out of the Task Manager Feature. If you are able to get to the start run and type taskmgr, then enter to run this command and it still does not come up, your looking at having to disinfect. If you answer this as the problem, this can be redirected to Malware/Virus forum by a moderator.

DaveOff

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
      I can't get to the Start button

DaveOff

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:29:49 PM »
        OK...I tried starting from Safe Mode with Command Prompt, and typed in tskmgr, and was told it was has been disabled by the administrator